Paris vous aime Magazine
The Hôtel de la Marine, a listed historic landmark, has just reopened fol- lowing a four year restoration. Built in 1774 on the Place de la Concorde by Jacques-Ange Gabriel, architect to Louis XV, the building was initially the royal repository for the court’s furniture and artworks. The elegant building hosted the French Naval Ministry from 1789 until 2015, and hosted such notable events as Napoleon’s coronation ball, the reception of King Louis Philippe for the installation of the Luxor obelisk, and the Schœlcher commission on the abolition of slavery.
© Ambroise Tézenas / Centre des monuments nationaux