Paris Super Instagrammable
This famous café was founded at the end of the Second Empire.
Its entrance was then located in rue Saint Benoit, and it was then adorned with a statue of the goddess who gave the café its name.
But Baron Haussmann launched his famous works, and the statue disappeared.
It is in 1930 that the entrance moves to the corner of the street and the Boulevard Saint-Germain.
The first floor then takes the Art Deco look that we know.
The British style of the first floor comes later, in the 50s.
Direct rival of its neighbor, Les deux Magots, they compete for the presence of artists and writers.