Take some of your favorite places home with you
A weekend full of chocolate with Jacques Genin
The famous French chocolate maker Jacques Genin gives you today his own recipe to make delicious chocolate madeleines directly at home! 😋
Chocolate madeleine from Jacques Genin 🍫
70 g flour type T55
100 g soft butter
80 g caster sugar
120 g dark chocolate
1 tablespoon chestnut honey
5 g baking powder
20 g of cocoa
Comment faire ? 🤔
1. On a cutting board, chop the chocolate into fine pieces.
2. Melt the butter in a double boiler.
3. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until completely melted. Set aside at room temperature.
4. In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and honey with a whisk or mixer to whiten the mixture.
5. Add the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder to the egg-sugar mixture. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
6. Add the chocolate-butter mixture to the egg-flour mixture and mix until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
7. Set aside and film in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours and ideally overnight.
A few hours later... ⏰
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease the moulds with butter and line them with sifted flour.
3. Fill the moulds, ideally using a piping bag.
4. Bake the madeleines for 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Unmould after cooking and leave to cool on a wire rack..
So, shall we get started ? 😉
Share your chocolate madeleine by tagging us on the networks: @mapstr_app & @jacquesgenin