Take some of your favorite places home with you
Hummus is the star of summer aperitifs ⭐️
Made with chickpeas, hummus is a guaranteed success for a cheap and healthy veggie aperitif! Many variations exist, but today Maisie Café gives you its quick and easy recipe for traditional hummus! 😉
Discover the recipe of Houmous from Maisie Café in this video
➡ The Hummus from Maisie Café
1 tin of 250g cooked organic chickpeas or 250g raw chickpeas. Soak the chickpeas the day before and cook them in boiling water the next day.
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame cream)
The juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pinch of salt
How to do it? 🤔
1. Drain the chickpeas and keep a small amount of water.
2. Place the chickpeas in a blender and add the garlic clove, lemon juice and tahini.
3. Blend everything together with the olive oil until a creamy paste is obtained.
4. Add salt.
5. If the hummus is thick, extend with the chickpea water or a tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Serve in a shallow plate with a spoonful of olive oil, basil leaves, a pinch of zaatar and carrot, cucumber or cracker sticks .
So, shall we get started ? 😉
Share your homemade hummus and tag us on the networks: @mapstr_app & @maisiecafe